This simple guide will explain how to reset wireless earbuds. You must disconnect the device from the power source before beginning this process. Then you should check out this guide.
- 1 Why It Makes Sense To Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones
- 2 Factory Reset True Wireless Earbuds
- 3 Here’s A General Guide To Resetting Bluetooth Headphones
- 4 Conclusion
Why It Makes Sense To Reset Your Bluetooth Headphones
It is possible that your Bluetooth headphones are not turning on. It is easy to reset the Bluetooth headphones.
You can solve many problems using a Bluetooth headset by performing a quick factory reset such as:
- Your Bluetooth headset may not connect to your smartphone or laptop if it is not working.
- Your Bluetooth headphones will not be found by your smartphone if it is not able to find them
- Your device may find the headphones but they won’t pair together.
- Your headphones may disconnect from your phone despite being fully charged.
- If the audio is not working properly when you are watching a video,
- If the sound is full static
- You cannot connect Bluetooth headphones without sound, even if the headphones have been set as the default playback device.
It is usually not a hardware problem. Resetting your headphones can resolve the problem.
Sometimes you might be having a problem with the software. You may have to reset your headset if there are any updates on your phone or firmware changes.
Factory Reset True Wireless Earbuds
Lots of issues can be resolved by Factory Resetting your Bluetooth Headphones/Earbuds… among them, “stuttering sounds (a.k.a. Unstable Bluetooth Connection)”, “one side sound” (or none sound), “unable to connect“, or “Bluetooth Audio Lag” (audio-visual not synced).
It can be difficult to reset True Wireless earbuds because they have multiple “parts” and the complicated connection mechanism of True Wireless Bluetooth technology.
We have compiled a list of the best methods to reset TW Earbuds. These methods may be of help to you.
If The Charging Case Has A Button
This type of TW Earbuds is represented by AirPods, AirPods Pro, and Google Pixel Buds. Each has a single button on the charging case.
Resetting earbuds is as easy as this:
- Place the earbuds into the charging case, leaving the lid open.
- Press and hold the button for 10+ seconds. You should see the indicator light change on the charging box that indicates a successful reset.
If The Charging Case Has No Button, But Each Earbud Has A Button,
These TW Earbuds include the Jabra Elite 75t, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless, and Sony WF-1000xm3.
Resetting factory settings is usually done in the standard fashion.
Hold the buttons on the earbuds simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. Alternatively, press and hold one of the buttons for at least 10 seconds while wearing them. The indicator light on your earbuds should display some pattern to indicate that the reset has been completed.
The less well-known brands may have more complex procedures and are often very different. The videos below show Avantree’s TWS115 True Wireless and Avantree’s TWS106 Long Battery True Wireless. Avantree TWS116 Open Ear True Wireless.
If more than one button is on each earbud and no button on the case
These earbuds, while less common, are usually easier to use because each function has its button. However, they are not as easy to reset.
Some pairing histories are extraordinary. You would need to use a magnet to clear them.
We have been working on Bluetooth headphones for years and have seen many different reset-of-way earbuds. None of these methods would likely work for your situation.
Here’s A General Guide To Resetting Bluetooth Headphones
Different brands of headphones may have different ways of reconnecting, but there are some general guidelines that can be used to reset Bluetooth headphones.
- Find the power button.
- Hold the power button down.
- Continue holding the button down until the Bluetooth headset’s light indicator blinks red or blue.
- Resetting Bluetooth headphones will usually cause them to be unpaired from your device. You will need to pair the headphones again after a factory reset.
How To Reset Bose Headphones
- The charger should be plugged into an outlet. You can also plug the USB cable into an outlet.
- Hold the power button down. Connect the USB-C port at the right earcup with the other end of your USB cable.
- Wait for the Bluetooth light blue to flash.
How To Reset Beats Headphones
- Remove the headphones from the charging port.
- Hold the power button down for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the LED light blinks to show that your headphones have been successfully reset.
Different Beats models have different controls. They have different reset methods depending on which buttons are available. To reset the Beats Solo Pro, press and hold the volume down and mode buttons. For Beats Studio Wireless, press the power button.
How To Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds
- Your Skullcandy headphones should be removed from your smartphone or laptop’s list of paired devices.
- Hold the volume up and down buttons at the right earcup and press and hold.
- Wait for the LED indicator lights to turn yellow to indicate that the headphones were reset.
How To Reset Mpow Headphones
- Turn off your MPOW headphones, and then put them in the charger box.
- Hold the power button down.
- Wait for the white and red lights to alternately blink. You may see red and blue lights on some models.
- Pair your device again by going to Bluetooth settings. If asked for a pin, enter “0000”.
- Wait for the blue Bluetooth light flash to activate. A voice will sound indicating that you are connected.
How To Reset Onn Bluetooth Earbuds
- Turn off your ONN headphones
- For 10 seconds, hold down the power button.
- Wait for the blue and red LED lights to turn on.
- Connect to your device.
ONN headphones don’t get a lot of positive reviews. It is possible that the above process for setting them up doesn’t work. You might have to try different button combinations.
How To Reset Taotronics Headphones
- Remove your headphones.
- Place the headphones back into their original box.
- Tap each headphones quickly three times.
- Wait for the white LED lights flash. This pairs the right and left headphones together.
- For five seconds, take the headphones out of their box and touch the controls on the headphones.
- Wait for the indicator lights flash red and then blue. This will reset the headphones.
If you have headset problems, you can learn how to reset your headset to allow you to enjoy music and videos without any interruptions. If the problem with your earphones continues to persist after trying the solutions listed above, it might be time to consider getting a new pair of earphones.
For more on the topic of wireless, be sure to check out our guide about how to wear wireless earbuds properly. We hope you found the article helpful, and let us know what you think in the comments below.