Providing a breakdown, Rezence navigates through How To Fix Sticky Keys on Keyboard 2024: Unveiling Insights
Article ID : 00023754 / Last Modified : 12/02/2013
Follow these steps to clean sticky keyboard keys.
NOTE: The keyboard will not be replaced under warranty for sticky keys if the keyboard is found to have a liquid spill, food particles, or other foreign matter in the keyboard causing the keys to stick.
- Obtain a container of alcohol, preferably isopropyl or something similar.
NOTE: Isopropyl is commonly referred to as rubbing alcohol.
- Turn off the computer.
- Unplug the keyboard.
- Gently remove the inoperable keys.
- A key puller may be use to extract the keys.
- Make sure the location of each key is known, or remove,Â clean and replaceÂ them one at a time to ensure proper replacement.
- The space bar key has two hooks on the underside. Note how it goes on and off so it may be properly replaced.
- MoistenÂ a cotton swab with alcohol, then use the swab to clean the keys and plungers.
- Replace the cleaned keys to their original position.
NOTE: Wait until the keyboard is completely dryÂ before reconnecting orÂ using it.
Here you can ask questions and connect with other Sony users