You’re sure to become angry and feel as though you’ve spent your money on these brand-new sparkling devices if you’re a new Xbox player who purchases a pair of wireless headphones only to discover that they aren’t compatible with your console.
Stay put! Don’t throw them away just yet. Rezence is here to tell you that you can use any Bluetooth headphones to connect to the Xbox One and other devices; you simply need to find a compromise. Find out how by reading on!
- 1 Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One?
- 2 How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One
- 3 Why Is Xbox Not Compatible With Bluetooth Headsets?
- 4 How to Connect Wireless Headsets to the Xbox
- 5 How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Other Devices?
- 6 How to Unpairing (or Forgetting) Bluetooth Headphones?
- 7 FAQs
- 7.1 How Do I Know if My Bluetooth Headphones are Connected?
- 7.2 Why won’t my Bluetooth Headphones Connect to My Device?
- 7.3 What Should I Do If My Bluetooth Headphones are Not Working?
- 7.4 How Should I Store My Bluetooth Headphones When Not in Use?
- 7.5 Can I Use Bluetooth Headphones While Charging?
- 7.6 Why Won’t My Bluetooth Headphones Connect to My iPhone?
- 8 Conclusion
Can You Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One?
Although you can connect Bluetooth headphones to your Xbox One, it won’t be as easy as doing so with your phone unless you have one of a select few headsets. Bluetooth is not a feature of the Xbox One. Xbox Wireless is Microsoft’s own proprietary system that it developed in its place.
Xbox Wireless is a unique protocol that enables you to wirelessly link controllers and other accessories to the system. For audiophiles, this includes a small number of headphones that are compatible from well-known brands like Turtle Beach, Steel Series, and Razer and the official Xbox Stereo Headset, both of which have this technology built-in.
As it operates at a higher frequency than Bluetooth, it is significantly more advanced technologically. As a result, there is significantly reduced latency and a more solid connection between the device and console.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One
Bluetooth headphones are not supported by Xbox. To get around the restriction, there are some tools and techniques.
You might not be able to use your headphones’ full audio capabilities with these techniques, though. The mic, for instance, might not function.
Thus, the following are some potential solutions:
- Using Bluetooth transmitter
- Connecting via TV
- Using a PC connection
- Using the Xbox app
Both Xbox One and Xbox Series are compatible with these fixes. Any variant of these consoles, such as the Xbox One X or the Xbox Series S, falls under this category.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox Using Bluetooth Transmitter
A Bluetooth transmitter can be used as an additional dongle. If you already have Bluetooth headphones, it’s the best option.
You would still be able to hear party talk and game sounds even though the approach usually turns off your microphone.
Some Bluetooth devices, like this one, are made specifically for the Xbox One. Since they attach to the controller as an accessory, they are more practical.
Alternative Bluetooth transmitters with a 3.5mm connector are available. These gadgets can be connected to Xbox Series or more recent Xbox One controllers.
These are the actions:
- Switch on the Bluetooth earpiece
- Connect the transmitter to the 3.5mm connector on your controller.
- Start the pairing mode on your headphones and turn them on. You can check the manual for specific instructions on how to pair each type of headset.
- Five seconds should be spent holding down the Bluetooth dongle’s pairing or multifunction button. It’ll enter pairing mode as a result.
- To hasten the connection, bring the headphones and dongle closer together.
A stereo headset adapter is an additional component that you require if your controller does not have a 3.5mm connector. The extra audio jack is absent from earlier Xbox controllers.
Connect the Stereo Headset Adapter on your controller’s USB port
- Connect the Bluetooth transmitter to the 3.5mm socket of the adapter.
- Connect the transmitter and the headphones.
- A digital optical cable is an alternative that certain Bluetooth transmitters feature. It can be connected to the S/PDIF audio connector on the back of the Xbox One. The transmitter mode can then be changed from AUX (3.5mm) to S/PDIF.
- Remember that there is no digital output connector on the Xbox Series.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox via the TV
The Xbox and your Bluetooth headset may be connected via the television. To use headphones with a TV, you must first connect the Xbox to the TV.
You should check the handbook because the Bluetooth headphone jack on every TV is different. Although not all TVs have Bluetooth, most Smart TVs do. For instance, your TV’s Smart remote is likely Bluetooth-enabled.
Essentially, you can turn on Bluetooth on the TV and pair your headphones. The choice must be found on a Sound Out option or a comparable selection in the Sound sub-menu.
The option, as usual, does not support the microphone. You can still use a USB or 3.5mm microphone even though you can only hear party conversation and game audio.
As an alternative, utilize the TV’s Bluetooth transmitter:
- Connect the transmitter to your TV with an optical, RCA, USB, or auxiliary cable (an example transmitter)
- Turn on pairing mode on the transmitter. To match your setup, you might need to change the device’s connection type button.
- Your headphones should be in pairing mode.
Utilize a PC connection to pair Bluetooth headphones with your Xbox.
Xbox consoles and Windows PCs both share comparable hardware and firmware architectures. This implies that you can direct audio playback to your Bluetooth headset using your Windows computer.
The process’s first three prerequisites are as follows:
- Your PC and Xbox must be connected to the same network.
- The Xbox Console Companion app must be set up on your computer. Unless you uninstalled it, it ought to be installed by default. If so, you can obtain it without charge from the Microsoft Store.
- You need Bluetooth on your computer. Alternatively, a Bluetooth transmitter is an option.
- You can use your Bluetooth headset’s full capabilities on the Xbox if you meet all the conditions. This includes microphone, party chat, and game audio.
These are the actions:
- On your PC, launch the Xbox Console Companion app.
- Log in with your Xbox account information.
- Wait until your console is detected by the app. Click the “Add a device” icon on the left if it doesn’t. If you don’t know how to locate your Xbox’s IP Address, it will prompt you to add it.
- Click Connect once the program has identified your console, then wait while the pairing is finished.
- Connect your Bluetooth headset to your PC once the connection is made.
- If the app and Xbox cannot connect, you can try Settings > Device & Streaming > Device Connections. Make sure both checkboxes are selected under “This Xbox.” Check the option that says, “Only from profiles logged in on this Xbox.”
- Lastly, the IP address of your Xbox can be found by:
- Select Settings > Network > Network Settings > Advanced Settings from the menu. Next to IPv4 on the right side of the screen is the information.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox Using Xbox App
You will only be able to hear party talk if you use the Xbox app trick. Talk or gaming audio won’t be audible through your headphones.
In essence, you can connect your Bluetooth headphones to the Xbox software and join a party chat on your Xbox. After that, you can speak into a USB microphone while routing the game’s audio to the TV.
It’s not very practical overall, but it is a solution.
Anyway, here are the procedures:
- Link your smartphone to your Bluetooth headset.
- Install the Xbox app by downloading it (it’s free).
- Open the application and select the Social tab.
- In the top right corner, select the headset symbol.
- Accept the restrictions
- The party chat screen will open. Even better, invite your friends over and have fun.
Why Is Xbox Not Compatible With Bluetooth Headsets?
Microsoft essentially offers exclusive wireless headsets for its Xbox gaming systems. The business developed a special protocol called Xbox Wireless in place of Bluetooth for connecting.
That indicates that Microsoft chose to go a different route toward peripherals without cables. Mics and headsets for Xbox that are compatible use the same communication protocol. These products’ branding can be recognized by the phrase “Wireless.”
Instead of Bluetooth’s default 2.4GHz, the Xbox Wireless connection uses a higher radio frequency. Because of this, it doesn’t compete with traditional broadband, which lowers latency and enhances audio quality.
Wireless Xbox headphones come in two varieties:
A wireless dongle is used by the first sort. The dongle can be connected to the USB port of your controller.
The second kind immediately connects and doesn’t need any extra components. However, these are more expensive.
How to Connect Wireless Headsets to the Xbox
If you have an Xbox Wireless headset or headphones that are compatible, connecting the device may be simpler.
Here is the instruction:
- Turn on the pairing mode and your headphones. Frequently, you can accomplish this simply by depressing and holding the power button until the LED light goes on.
- Activate your console.
- When the LED light on the pairing button starts to blink, press and hold it. Any Xbox One or Xbox Series button may be recognized because it has three arrows.
- Hold down the Connect Button on your headphones while you wait for the LED light to begin blinking. When the connection is established, a tone will be audible on the headset, and the LED lights on both devices will become steady.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Other Devices?
Click the Apple icon on your Mac’s desktop. Once your headphones are listed under Bluetooth in System Preferences, click Connect. The Control Center > Bluetooth > Bluetooth Preferences > Connect menu option is another option (next to device name).
Be careful to enable Bluetooth in Windows 10 before connecting your headphones. Go to Settings > Bluetooth & other devices > Audio and tap the headphones to pair and connect when your headphones are also turned on. Make the new device discoverable by clicking Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth if it is not already on the list.
Check Bluetooth is turned on by opening Settings. The iPhone will connect to the device if you tap its name in the My Devices or Other Devices sections.
Android Phone, Tablet
The procedure is found in Settings on Android mobile devices. Go there, tap Connected Devices > Connection preferences > Bluetooth > Pair new device , and then tap a compatible device to pair and connect.
Tip: Swiping down the Notifications shade and pressing/holding the Bluetooth symbol will also bring up the Bluetooth menu.
PS4 – PS5
Bluetooth headsets are not natively supported by the PS4/5, but you can still make it work. Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices and pair the headphones. To pair the headset, choose it. Try pairing the headset with the DualShock 4 controller if that doesn’t work, or think about spending money on a USB Bluetooth adapter.
Bluetooth headphones are not supported by the hardware of the Nintendo Switch. You use either a USB Bluetooth adapter or a headset with a 3.5mm audio connection in order to use a headset with the portable console.
Every television maker has a somewhat different method, but in general, go to Settings > Connections menu > Bluetooth, pair your headphones, and then connect them. If you choose to use a streaming device rather than a cable provider, you can also notice phrasing variations.
How to Unpairing (or Forgetting) Bluetooth Headphones?
How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device from Android Smartphone
You can follow these steps to unpair a Bluetooth device from an Android smartphone:
- Start your Android smartphone’s settings. Samsung is the Android smartphone I used for this tutorial.
- Then select Connections from the menu. It is the top choice on the menu.
- Afterward, select Bluetooth. Before continuing to unpair the device, you must turn on the toggle.
- Now, tap the gear icon button next to the Bluetooth item that you just paired.
- Observe the page’s footer. Three alternatives are available. Rename, Connect, and Unpair are those. Decide on Unpair.
- The device will become unpaired once you tap unpair.
Detach a Bluetooth device From Iphone
You can unpair a Bluetooth accessory by going to Settings > Bluetooth, selecting the accessory, tapping the details button, and then selecting Forget this Device. This will take the attachment off the list of Bluetooth devices that are readily available.
Put the Bluetooth item back in discovery mode and follow the directions above to pair it to your device once more.
- How To Connect Xbox 360 To Internet Wireless?
- How To Connect Xbox 360 Controller To PC Without Receiver
How Do I Know if My Bluetooth Headphones are Connected?
There should be a small blue LED that lights up on your headphones when they are turned on and connected via Bluetooth. If you cannot see a blue LED, try pressing the “play” or “pause” button on your headphones. This should cause the LED to flash, indicating that your headphones are now connected.
Why won’t my Bluetooth Headphones Connect to My Device?
There are several reasons why your Bluetooth headphones might not be connecting to your device.
First, make sure that your headphones are charged and turned on.
Then, check to see if your device’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it is in range of your headphones.
If your device is still not connecting to your headphones, try restarting both your device and your headphones.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to consult your device’s or your headphones’ manual for further troubleshooting steps.
What Should I Do If My Bluetooth Headphones are Not Working?
If your Bluetooth headphones are not working, the first thing you should do is check the batteries. If the batteries are low, they may not have enough power to connect to your device.
You should also make sure that the Bluetooth connection on your device is turned on and that your headphones are paired with your device. If your headphones are still not working, you may need to reset them.
How Should I Store My Bluetooth Headphones When Not in Use?
When not in use, it is best to store your Bluetooth headphones in a safe place where they will not be damaged. A good option is to store them in a case or pouch.
Can I Use Bluetooth Headphones While Charging?
If your Bluetooth headphones support it, charging them while using them is entirely OK. However, the majority of Bluetooth headphones will automatically turn off when charging to effectively power themselves up, making it impossible to charge and listen to music at the same time.
Why Won’t My Bluetooth Headphones Connect to My iPhone?
There are a few reasons why your Bluetooth headphones might not be connecting to your iPhone. The first thing you should do is make sure that your headphones are charged and turned on. If they are, then you should check to see if your iPhone’s Bluetooth is turned on. If it is, then you should try restarting your iPhone and your headphones. If that doesn’t work, then you should try resetting your network settings.
Now you know how to connect bluetooth headphones to your Xbox one or any devices. Hope that you can find it helpful in this post. Thanks for visiting our post.